Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Andy Nguyen Interview



1. Can you talk about how you got involved in MMA?

Andy: I've always been a tomboy. I Saw a sold out MMA event at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and there were two female fighters at 115lbs and I wanted to do it. It was 7 years ago when MMA got legalized in South Carolina.

2. You train with the Karate Mafia MMA. What is it like training there and with Andrea Lee?

Andy: She's my best friend. She's so informative. So is our coach which is her husband, Donny Aaron. She's sweet and we laugh allot. I've been training there for 2-3 years.

3. How did you find out that you will be part of the Rizin Women's Grand Prix? What would it mean to you to win the $90,000 grand prize at the end of the year?

Andy: I knew about the tournament like 6 months ago. Winning the whole tournament is something I've never dreamed of. I saw Cro Cop win at age 40 or something New Years Eve & I was so impressed. I can buy my mommy a house so she doesn't have to work anymore.

4. This won't be your first fight for Rizin. Can you talk about your first experience fighting for Rizin? There is also a chance that you may face your old opponent Miyuu again, what are your thoughts on that?

Andy: Rizin was breathtaking. I cherished each moment. You can see me breathing deeply during the weigh ins. (Video) They were so professional and helpful. They know how to throw a New Years Even Fight Party. Miyuu is like wine. She gets better with age.


5. In your last fight you came out with a cowboy hat to American woman (at Rizin), any hints on what your next entrance will be like? You've been doing some promotional work for the Japanese fans. What has this been like? What are your thoughts on the Japanese fans?

Andy: Well it is a different venue. Hopefully its long enough for a strip tease lol. Yeah, I bought a VIP ticket (front row) & they will sit next to my sponsor. Just showing the Japanese fans they are appreciated. Japanese fans are very conservative and respectful. Not like a bunch of drunks from UFC lol.


6. Your first fight will be against Rena. Rena is one of Rizin's big stars. Can you talk about fighting her? What are your thoughts on her and how do you think the fight will play out?

Andy: She's a great undefeated fighter. She's young, beautiful & hungry. I'm old but I'm starving.

7. You are coming off of a tough loss, are you changing anything up before the tournament, if so what?

Andy: I had a bad elbow. I should have not taken the fight. I was on prednisone. I even asked the doctor to clear me. I was fighting 65-70% of my potential for 5 rounds. I don't regret it, I'm healthier now.

8. What are your goals in MMA?

Andy: To be the best I can be and retire with great experience and credentials so I can pass my knowledge to the future of WMMA.

9. What do you like to do in your free time when you are not training?

Andy: Travel, shop, and comedy shows. It doesn't have to be big names. I've had more fun with smaller names.

10. Is there anything you would like to say or anyone you would like to thank?

Andy: Thank you for welcoming back in to Japan! I love you guys and I cannot wait to put on a show!


No comments:

Post a Comment